Monday, October 4, 2010

Walk to Remember


October 2, 2010. Our first Walk to Remember. It was a beautiful ceremony, but very emotional.




That's Shawn with the boys' balloons.


It was raining, which fit the mood perfectly. It was a surreal moment for me. I just kept thinking, "I shouldn't be here. I should be 29 weeks pregnant, huge and at home relaxing." But, I had to come back to reality.

It's been just over 7 weeks since we lost Bryston and Colton. And you know, the bad days don't seem to be as often. I mean, I think about them literally every second of every day...but I'm not breaking down in hysterical tears every day now. Ever since the walk though, I just feel like I'm walking around on auto pilot. I can't seem to shake this feeling. This sadness is just so deep within.

Here is a picture of the balloon release. This was one of the most emotional moments for everyone there.





Free to Fly





Bryston and Colton, Mommy loves you and misses you so much, it hurts. I would give anything to feel your little kicks again. To hold you again. To kiss you again.



3 comments:

  1. I am glad that you attended. The balloon release is so beautiful and so sad at the same time. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to participate in a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both ♥ It was a beautiful ceremony, but there were definitely many tears being shed that day...

    ReplyDelete