Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I need to vent...

So, I had met this girl, "G" through a friend of mine, and now I had only met her a few times but she sent me a friend request on FB awhile back and I added her. So I get on today and see that she found out she was pregnant yesterday. No big deal. I have quite a few friends that are pregnant and it doesn't really bother me because I truly care for them and am truly happy for them. But this girl...I had to delete her as a friend. She is posting pictures of her "pooch" (her word not mine) and talking about morning sickness and how she's having food aversions. Am I being totally ridiculous about this? I mean she literally just found out she was pregnant a day ago. I know, I know...it's an exciting thing to be pregnant and what not but, ugh.

I know I am probably being irrational but I never talked to the girl anyway so no harm in deleting her.

Alright, I feel better getting that out!

6 comments:

  1. No.
    Thats is truly ridiculous.
    I can honestly say, I would have reacted the same as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this her first pregnancy? Maybe, she's overly excited or maybe it took her a long time to get pregnant? I don't know, I probably wouldn't have deleted her but my tolerance may just be higher at this stage in the game!

    You're totally entitle to your feelings and if she's getting on your nerves then you did the right thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not irrational delete delete delete - I sure would! I just did my own little friend edit in facebook yesterday... <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies, I don't feel as crazy now! I talked to my husband about it as well and he pretty much just tole me that I need to do what I feel is right. I wasn't "friends" with her anyway. I don't know...it just hit me the wrong way and brought out emotions I didn't know were in there. Oh and Jen, not her first pregnancy and she hasn't been trying for a long time...that's why I didn't get it. But it is what it is and she should be able to be happy and post pictures of her "pooch", I just don't want to see it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, no harm in deleting her!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had those same feelings toward a "friend" after my miscarriage and when PCOS had me infertile. Its not just you. I also had a 17yr old tell a bunch a people that she could hold her babys hand if she stuck her finger in her belly button. Sigh!

    Sorry for the loss of your beautiful sons.

    Be blessed

    Ashlee

    ReplyDelete