Then they wanted to look at the memory boxes, so we pulled those out. We looked at their teddy bears and their clothes. We took out their baby blankets and the scrapbook I put together.
I'm used to looking at these things - but usually I'm alone when I do. Sitting down with the girls and looking at everything was really emotional. Tianna pulled out the book the hospital gave us called, "We were gonna have a baby, but we had an angel instead." She wanted to read it but I couldn't make it through the first page. I told her to just look at the pictures for now and that I would try to read it later.
It has been almost 4 months and I still can't get through that book. It isn't a long book either, but every single time I try to read it, I cry.
That 4 month mark is coming up. And my due date will be literally a few days after. I'm dreading it. I know I will make it through, but I also know that I will be sad.
I'm still waiting to hear back from my insurance about whether or not I am approved to have the TAC surgery in Chicago. If I don't hear anything by Monday I'm going to make some calls. Patience is something I've been praying for! Not only for the surgery...but for getting pregnant. I miss being pregnant so much. But I know it will be my time, when it's right. I just have to be patient and trust in the Lord.
I'm going to end this by sharing a quote -
What a beautiful post. I'm praying for you too.
ReplyDelete{{HUGS}}
Caroline
Thank you Caroline! ♥
ReplyDeleteI have that same book but have only read it to Kyndra a couple of times. She's too young to really grasp it all but she knows that she has a sister Carleigh.
ReplyDelete((hugs)) Aubrianna will say, "bub-bubs" and when we pray at night we always end saying, "We love you Bryston and Colton" and she says it (well, her version! LOL) With kids, it's rough. That's when I get the most emotional, when the girls look at the boys' stuff, or they ask about them. I walked in my room today and Tianna was trying to explain to Aubrianna about the boys' urn and how their ashes are in it. :(
ReplyDeleteTrena, This post is absolutely beautiful. I thank you for sharing this piece of your life with us. Please know that I will be praying for you and your amazing family!
ReplyDeleteSuch big hugz mama
ReplyDelete