Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. - - - - Philippians 4:6-7
Some days I get so caught up in the "Why me!?" attitude that I forget to sit back and really look at the good things in my life. I get so caught up with thinking of the negative that I forget to thank God for all He has done for me and my family. Sure, I could make a list of all the negative things that have happened to me, but I can also make a list (a longer one at that) of all my blessings.
You know, after we lost Bryston and Colton, my husband was very angry with God. I'm not going to lie, I was angry to, but not to the level that my husband was. He wouldn't even pray after the boys died. We used to sit down every night and have a family prayer. That stopped. My heart hurt. We talked about it and he asked, "Why would God take my sons from me? How can I trust Him now? How can I pray to God when He let my sons die?"
It took me awhile to find the words but I finally got them out and tried my best to make him see that God did not do this. That how can he blame God for our sons' dying but thank Him for Tianna being seizure free and healthy?
After many late night talks and a lot of crying he stopped being angry. We are back to having our nightly family prayers.
I feel like this didn't come out the way I wanted it to, I read it and it seems as though I am rambling. I don't know.
I know we all have our dark days but it really does help to stop, pray and look at all the blessings we have.
I will pray that the Lord continues to soften your hubby's heart. I think they have a harder time with the peace process as they feel it's their job to protect their wives and children...I know my hubby went through the same emotions.
ReplyDeleteGod is good all the time...all the time, God is good...
Jen, you are so right. I feel like he didn't let himself really grieve right after it happened because he was so concerned with me and with the girls. We're getting there though and usually when I am down he is my rock and when he's down I feel strong.
ReplyDeleteNo rambling. I think it was well said. I went through this with my hubby also. His relationship with God is still not the way it was, but it is getting better. HUGS
ReplyDeleteIt does help to stop and think of all the blessings. There are so many! And many of them we take for granted.
ReplyDelete