Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

So, tomorrow is Thanksgiving. We will head over to my moms in the morning and pretty much hang out there all day. It will only be a small get together...maybe 10 people? I am thankful for that. It will be hard enough getting through the day, at least if I have a breakdown I won't have a ton of people watching it happen...and the ones that will be there, won't mind if I start sobbing over our turkey dinner.

We will be putting up our tree on Friday. And honestly, if it wasn't for the girls, I would probably skip that all together this year. But, my girls still deserve a wonderful holiday, even if I am sad this year. We will be decorating stockings this weekend as well. And hopefully decorating some ornaments too. I'll make special ones for the boys.

I believe we are taking the girls to the Christmas Tree lighting downtown Friday night. We went last year and they loved it. It was so cold but nothing a little hot chocolate couldn't fix. :)

Well...need to get things together for tomorrow. I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving. Keeping every single one of you in my thoughts and prayers.

2 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the same way about christmas right now... only decorating because Liliana is so excited... she has been telling me that santa is coming to our house since before halloween. don't want to ruin the first christmas that she has shown an interest in.
    I hope you and your family have a wonderful thanksgiving, and a great holiday weekend. you will be in my thoughts.
    thanks again for the giraffe picture today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope tomorrow goes well as it can for you. Holidays are very hard. I can understand you wanting to keep things normal for the girls. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete