Friday, November 5, 2010

Dreams & Old Friends

I had a dream about the boys the other night and woke myself (and my husband) up crying. I don't remember all the details but I was trying to get to the boys and I couldn't for some reason. I don't know, but I was just overcome with sadness.

I received a call yesterday from a "friend" who I haven't talked to in about 8 months. We had been friends for about 10 years and Shawn and I let her and her daughter move in with us because she had nowhere to go and we didn't want them to go to a shelter. Big mistake. I guess when you live with someone and are around them 24/7, you find out how they really are. And she turned out to be a completely different person than I thought. Oh man, it was rough. And I was hurt and sadly I had to cut her out of my life. Well, She called me yesterday and said, "I heard you lost your babies and I've been wanting to call you but I didn't know what to say." Okay...she wants to give her condolences, that's fine. But then she tells me, "Yeah, I'm pregnant. Due in January. " And she kept going on and on about how her pregnancy was so "hellish" and how she couldn't wait for him to be born because she is so tired of being pregnant and how she only got pregnant because she forgot to take her birth control a few times. My jaw was on the floor. Are you kidding me? I mean, she isn't the brightest crayon in the box but come on...I think it's a little inappropriate to be going on and on about your pregnancy and how bad it is when you were calling me to say sorry that my sons are dead. Seriously?

I brushed it off and got off the phone. I called Shawn crying because it did upset me but I'm good now.

Anyway. You should head over to Baby Be Blessed, they are giving away one of there amazing dolls! I have there button off to the side there, click it and it will take you to their blog! I hope to win this for Tianna...I love their dolls!

Alright, I have a ton of cleaning to do so I must go...I think I hear the laundry calling my name...fun!

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that you had to endure that phone call. I think we all have had a friend step way out of line after they've attempted to give their condolences. You handled it very well, girlie. I am so glad you have your husband there to support you.
    Sorry about the dream also. Mine got "better" with after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry about your 'friend'. Some people seriously do not think before they speak. and some people just want all the attention for themselves. it drives me nuts when i hear women complaining about their pregnancies, especially when they KNOW who they are complaining to... just makes me want to say, at least your baby is alive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm behind on commenting. I read about your daily hell and I can certainly relate to that. I am so sorry that your sweet boys didn't make it. I would say I can't believe your "friend" called to console you and then started complaining about her pregnancy - but I know how selfish some people can be. She needs a large dose of your reality. Isn't it strange that people like her can get pregnant so easily and have uncomplicated pregnancies? I'm praying for you, friend, that your heart will find peace in this storm. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete