Friday, November 19, 2010

Babyloss Books?

I've heard so many BLM's talk about this book or that book, and how it has helped them. I think I am in a place now where I am ready to read books on baby loss. I think it will help me at this stage in my grief. So my question is, what baby loss book has helped you or what book would you recommend?

10 comments:

  1. The best one that I've read is Naming the Child...I literally read it in one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen! Do you happen to know who the Author is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone gave me a book called "Mommy, Please Don't Cry" (this is the version I was given: http://www.amazon.com/Mommy-Please-Dont-Linda-Deymaz/dp/1885305451/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1290218948&sr=1-1) It is very sweet, and almost like a children's book. It made my cry, but it was very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DEFINITELY read "I will carry you" by Angie Smith and "A replica of a figment of my imagination" by Elizabeth McCracken - it was SO good. She is an amazing writer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! I will be looking into all of these books. Jessica, I have heard good things about both of those books :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The books I have read:

    I'll Hold You In Heaven
    Safe in the Arms of God
    I Will Carry You
    In Faithfulness, He Afflicted Me
    Waiting with Gabriel
    Threads of Hope, Pieces of Joy

    Of course there's many more I would like to read but just haven't yet

    ReplyDelete
  7. i would recommend "empty cradle broken heart". i also read the book "the wilderness of grief" that one isn't about baby loss specifically but loss in general. it was a quick read, but was actually pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Ladies! So many books to look into!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I second Naming the Child and also Exact Replica, both mentioned above.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also recommend "empty cradle broken heart"... I read that book in a couple days after Genesis died.

    ReplyDelete