Wednesday, May 4, 2011

So much has changed in the past year...

One year ago today I had my first ultrasound and found out I was having twins. I remember every detail of that day. How happy Shawn and I were as we left the doctor's office and made phone calls to our families, we went to lunch afterward and Shawn couldn't get the silly grin off his face and was showing off the ultrasound photo to our waitress. It was such an amazing day. And I remember thinking, "what an amazing Mother's Day gift!" (Since Mother's Day was only a few days away) We went to lunch that Mother's Day with my in-laws and it was just a happy time.

Little did I know what my future held. That my bubble would be popped and I would be forever changed.

In the past year we have experienced the joys of being pregnant and the devastation of our sons passing away.

I'm sad today. And I know I have my two beautiful little girls, and I am so blessed to have them. But my heart aches for my sons.

6 comments:

  1. Having other children doesn't remove the ache in our heart for our children that aren't here...thinking of you, Bryston and Colton ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sons are precious and are irreplaceable. Your mama's heart loves ALL of your children. Of course you are grateful for every moment you have with your girls, but your heart wants those moments with your boys too. There is nothing wrong with that at all. I am so sorry that your beautiful boys aren't here right beside their beautiful sisters. You are in my thoughts and prayers. (((hugs)))
    Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. thinking of you. And Bryston and Colon. Having other kids does not take away this pain. It hurts no matter what. Big ((hugs!!))

    ReplyDelete
  4. {{HUGS}} to you & thinking of you so much. I know it doesn't matter how many living children you have , it's still there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of your beautiful sons who made you a mother of four. This has been a rough year for you, losing two babies. Bryston and Colton will always be in your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. You're in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete